Friday, April 29, 2016

A mathematical formula for life





Dave's Daily Dig
For anyone digging deep for the buried treasure
to change their life and world for the better

 




April 29, 2016

Sorry I missed you yesterday. I woke up this morning and realized I didn’t send yesterday’s post. I wrote it on the plane to Phoenix, Arizona.  But by the time I arrived at my final destination in Apache Junction, my brain was a little addled apparently. I was also distracted when I arrived by left over bratwursts and Mom’s macaroni salad.  Anyway…



E + R = 0 


The formula stands for Events+ Responses = Outcome

I heard this formula first from Jack Canfield ( one of the originators of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series) in his book Principles of Success. He learned it from some other unnamed therapist. I think it may have it roots in Warner Erhard’s EST training.  

What do you think this formula means or why it might be useful? 

I think it is very useful because most people, (including me when l forget), go about their life assuming that Events = Outcomes. I will say more later about that.

Share your thoughts, comments or questions on Help for Midlife & Beyond, or send me an email at DrDave@DavidAspenson.com.

A good friend wrote to me last week and asked if I could send her the daily posts in a digest form. I decided that was a good idea. So this is what I am going to do - for now. (This is an organic project for me, so I am going to let evolve in what ever way it wants to as part of my conversation with you.) 

I am going to begin sending a weekly digest of the week’s daily posts to my subscribers. If you would like to actually see them daily, go to Help for Midlife & Beyond and click on the blue button that says Join. Or you can just send me an email at DrDave@DavidAspenson.com that says Daily Please and I will send it directly to your Inbox. 

As always, thank you very much for your attention and your conversation. 




www.DavidAspenson.com
www.HelpforMidlifeCrisis.com
www.facebook.com/DrDaveAspenson/

Copyright © 2016 David O. Aspenson, Ph.D

No comments:

Post a Comment