Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My gift today...

April 13, 2016 




Dave's Daily Dig
For anyone digging deep for the hidden treasure
to change their life and world for the better

 


My gift today..

A few years ago my son agreed to go with me to the Enlightened Warrior camp.

He had no idea what exactly he was signing up for, but I didn’t either really. I just thought it sounded like a cool thing to do with my son. Turns out, they had set up some pretty strenuous training for us. I suppose I might have guessed that would be the case. There was one place in our training where I seriously did not know if I could do it and wanted to quit. But there was my son in that same room - and there was no way in hell I would quit and then have to face him. 

Today he sent me this gift.











The symbol he painted on the coffee cup is the ancient rune Uruz the symbol for the Wild Ox (ancestor of the domesticated cow) and Strength. We both have what I call “a hard earned” piece of jewelry with this rune. We received them at the end of our training. A couple of weeks ago this rune called to me from its place in my dresser drawer and insisted I actually wear it where it is visible. 

It is something to feel the Wild Ox emerge at this age (the domesticated cow is mooing).

Ah Ho  Son!


Send your own thoughts on that topic on my blog (click here), or send me an email at drdave@davidaspenson.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment