Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Trouble at the border

April 19, 2016 




Dave's Daily Dig
For anyone digging deep for the hidden treasure
to change their life and world for the better

 

Today’s nugget


Whenever we attempt to move our deep and burning desire from our imagination into the real physical/material world…we will always have trouble at the border* between our imagination and our manifested creation. 




All desires are born in the imagination. But if we leave them in our imagination we become what is known as a “dreamer”. 

The game of our life it to move that desire into the world. But as I said yesterday it is right there…at the border where all our sh#$ is stirred up and we confront whatever is that we have to work on in our self to get where we want to go.

Writing this post every day is a passage through my border. So I am writing here mostly for my own self. (It is part of my path of Enlightened Selfishness.) The desire I am bringing across for my own Self is a big one. The largest part of that desire is to map out whatever I can about the passage across and take as many fellow adventurers with me as I can.

I am sure the world is waiting with baited breath to learn the results of my intensive training in Motorcycle Officer Safety Training. As I said last week, to pass the course I needed to successfully navigate 10 different precision maneuvering courses on my bike (A blue 2002 BMW R1150RT named "Gretchen"). 

I not only didn’t pass, I didn’t even take the test. In this course, taking the test was ‘optional’ since no one in this class was literally training to get work as a motor cop. However, the choice was taken out my hands by the fates. On the way home the night before the last day of training, I somehow picked up a car key on the road which gouged itself into my rear tire. Fortunately, I was almost home and the key stayed in the tire as a plug so I could make it home safely.  I did complete the course, but will have to wait until next time to pass the test.
 
Speaking of safety, after this very intensive safety training, I am thinking deeply about how to cross the border safely. More on that tomorrow (I think). 


Travel safely,
Your new self-appointed Safety Officer and Border Guide

*"Trouble at the border" is a metaphor I first heard from the the psychologist Maria Nemeth,   author of book, The Energy of Money, A  Spiritual Guide to Financial and Personal Fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment